Updated 2 days ago
During the unprecedented COVID-19 situation, Google may have temporarily suspended some functionality: “New reviews, review replies, and new Q&A will be unavailable during this time”.
For Google’s complete Help article on the issue, click here.
Reviews and Google Q&A
Existing Google reviews, replies and Q&A are still displayed, but no new ones will be posted.
How will this affect your business?
- If you use when&how’s Reputation Management Express or Pro, no new Google reviews will be pulled into your dashboards until the suspension has lifted.
- Clients will be unable to respond to reviews.
- Business Listings are prioritizing reviews for edits critical to health-related businesses. At this time, Google will also prioritize reviews for open and closed states, special hours, temporary closures, business descriptions, and business attributes edits for other verified businesses.
- Newly created listings, claims, and verifications. Google’s support team will manually review new listings, claims, and verifications for critical health-related businesses. While Google prioritizes these critical services, expect a delay for publication of new listings, claims, and verifications for other types of businesses to Google Search and Maps.
- All actions related to Google Q&A will be unavailable.
- We will update this post if or as more information becomes available on this.
Update: March 21, 2020
New reviews are only visible on Google to the original poster but not the public.
For help managing your business listing and updating your GMB listing information, please feel free to contact us.